Tuesday 13 April 2010

Bear and 'Dad' card

Things are getting back to normal, after the weekend - youngest is back in school, which means I have a bit of time to play! So here's a couple of ideas, using the decoupage and papers from the Plush Pals DVD-Rom...

The first is a quick and easy card using the yawning bear - To make, I printed off the dotty circles paper (in the bear backing papers on the disc) in the natural colour, then the pawprint (from the cat backing papers) in blue, both in A4, and finally the large bear topper sheet, also in A4. The sentiment was from the small bear topper sheet.

For the 'Dad' lion card, I discovered a new technique - double printing the backing papers! So for the plaid, I firstly printed an A4 sheet with the green plaid, then printed over the top of the plaid with the yellow stripes paper...For the other paper, I printed the polka dot paper in natural, then overprinted with the natural lion text paper...oh, what fun! I'll be trying out some other combinations , that's for sure! The letters came from the cheri lower case alphabet sheet, and to let you into a little secret, it is actually the a, d and p turned upside down to spell the word 'dad'.

Whilst at Crafts4u2do, I picked up the toffee ultra fine flower soft, which gives lovely texture to the lion's mane, I'm going to have a go at alternating it with some gold glitter and see what that looks like...

...Also, just to say a great big CONGRATULATIONS to my big sister, Sarah, for being invited onto the design team of Mami Doodles...knock 'em dead!

No comments: