Tuesday 12 October 2010

Ella card


Hi guys!  I'm back in sample making mode, getting ready for the launch of Boys2Men on Saturday 23rd October, not to mention the orders I've had to complete this week, so unfortunately, cards for posting are thin on the ground!  I have managed to create a card using the Ella freebie...

It turned out very girly and pink, but I couldn't help it!  I used the pink spotty backing paper from the Plush Pals disc, my new oval nesties (that I got at Leigh show -think I need to extend my collection a bit more yet!), some dusky pink ribbon and cream lace.  I inked around the edge of the backing paper and ovals using Old Paper distress inks, which are my new favourite product...I'm sure I'm not using them to their full potential yet, but you have to start somewhere!  I decoupaged the top of Ella, to give a bit of dimension (I chopped her legs off, basically!) then added a touch of Glamourdust.  I have to say, the picture doesn't show the colours to their best, but that's because of the gloriously blinding sunshine and clear blue sky outside, so I'm not complaining!  I may try making this again and use my walnut ink to give it more of an antique look, I haven't got the jist of dirtying things up yet, I keep chickening out and opting for the lighter inks!

Hope to be back soon with some more creations, until then, enjoy the late sunshine, if you've got it!

No comments: