Sunday 8 May 2011

You have to have priorities in life...

...and today, crafting won - hence, I'm back again with another post!!  I decided to make a couple of boys cards, which I do enjoy - maybe because I have 2 not so little monsters of my own, or perhaps because I love to use my Distress Inks (what did I ever do without them?!) ...
This first card, I'm entering into 3 challenges - Saturday Challenge, which wants us to dust off our stash, so I blew the dust off my Boys2Men disc and printed off the pirate digistamp and papers, One Stop Craft Challenge's theme is Birthdays and Sentimental Sundays say that Anything goes (plus a sentiment), so it fits with their themes too.  I used the treasure map digistamp coloured with Promarkers, the pirate text paper,  skull and cross bones paper and anchor embellishment from the Boys2Men disc, Craft Concepts woodgrain embossing folder inked with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, twine lace antiqued with Walnut Stain and pearls coloured with blue Promarker.  The sentiment was made in PS using Dear Joe 5 Casual text.

Next, I printed the robot digistamp and created an easel card using papers from my First editions Up, up and Away paper pad.  I mounted the oval robot image onto a silver nestie which had been embossed with Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder, then sanded lightly and distressed with Walnut Stain.  The cogs were a Sissix die called Gears #1 and #2 and the screw head brads were from Crafts4U...
...this is the card when opened - the sentiment was from the Robot sentiments sheet and mounted onto embossed silver.  Who knows, I may be back tomorrow with more creations, it all depends on which priority comes out on top!?!  Until next time, enjoy your crafting and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous boys card - love it!!!!

Thanks for joining our "Dust off your stash" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Curly said...

Fabulous cards,and lovely design and layout,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 133 Dust off your Stash/Something Neglected

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

coops said...

oh brilliant male cards.i love the fab robot :D

xx coops xx

Bea said...

Gorgeous cards for boys :o)

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week

Bea

Francesca said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Thank you so much for playing in our Sentimental Sunday challenge! Your creation is just lovely! I hope to see you playing with us again very soon! Good luck!

♥ Lisa SSDT