Thursday 2 June 2011

What a beautiful day!

...the sun is shining and it's warm for the first time in weeks!  So, I thought I would make something to reflect the happy mood I'm in, thanks to the glorious weather...I used my new digi from Emerald Faeries called the Larakins, Ashton & Boo...
...they're a right mischevious little pair!  This card sort of developed as I made it - firstly, I coloured the little cherubs in, then decided that they needed a beanstalk to hang from and so the card has ended up being a bit green!  If I'd had the beanstalk idea from the beginning, I wouldn't have used green on the clothes, but hey ho, hindsight is a wonderful thing! The card is a tri-fold concertina - I drew the beanstalk myself, then scanned into the computer and printed onto the front of the card before colouring with Promarkers, cutting around and attaching acetate behind to give the card it's rigidity back...
...the mushrooms, I also drew myself, then coloured with Promarkers and decoupaged inside.  The sentiment was made using single alphabet stamps, then the edges inked with Vintage Photo...

...it turned out rather fun, different from my norm and I think it's good to think outside the box once in a while!  TBH, it was a card that Colette had made that inspired me to do something different, so thanks, Colette!

Whilst writing this, I've just had a phone call from my own little elves, who are enjoying a break with Nain (Welsh for Grandma) down in South Wales - they called from Manor Park Wildlife Centre (Anna Ryder Richardson's Zoo) to tell me all about the animals they've seen and what they're going to be up to next - should have some good photos for the scrapbook when they come back!

Hope you're enjoying the good weather and thanks for looking!  Lisa X
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
Shine on!
(Acetate and glitter)
More than a fold
(Tri fold card)
Bugs or Boys

5 comments:

coops said...

wow!!! this is a fantastic card lisa.your beanstalk and mushrooms are fab and i love the image. so sweet.
amazing shape and colours too.
i really love this card :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! This is so cute cute CUTE!! Love your coloring and fabulous details!! Such a lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at the Inky Impressions Challenges!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Sr. Inkette DT

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgoeus card. Love the design and the cute image. Hugs Michele x

Unknown said...

lovely card, so funny. I like very much:) Thank you for joining SAM challenge.
Have a nice weekend
Hugs: New DT Marika

Kiki said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic! Love the design and the way you've folded your card.

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this time.

Hugs, Kiki