Thursday 4 April 2013

Hey monkey...

Good afternoon, Bloggers!  Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend, whatever you were doing...we had a wonderful family weekend away in Yorkshire, visiting loved ones...

...We started in York on Friday, doing a bit of shopping and visiting theYork Museum and Gardens, then were staying at a little village called Slingsby, near the Castle Howard estate.  We visited Robin Hood's Bay, Riveaulx Terrace and Nunnington Hall and did a Treasure Trail around the village of Slingsby.  We ate out and had a lovely time visiting family and even the sun shone for us...if a little on the cold side!  Altogether, what more could you ask for than being with loved ones in a beautiful part of the country and the sun shining...if only it could have lasted a bit longer!
So anyway, I have a card to share with you today that uses the same sketch as the Dreamy Dragon card I made a few posts ago...
...This time I did it for a boy and used Mo Manning's Monkey Tricks and Dovecraft Masculine papers...
...As ever, I coloured this cheeky chappy with my Promarkers and he was so simple to colour.  Here's the colours I used :
Body : Vanilla, Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa
Face : Satin, Dusky Pink, Sunkissed Pink
Shorts : Aniseed FM, Lime Zest. Lime, Pear Green
Shadow : Glacire Blue FM, Pastel Beige
The leaves are cut using a Cheery Lynn Leaf border and the bananas are actually the waste from my Marianne lace ribbon border die...
...I added an insert inside, rather than decorating fully, using the line image and a digital sentiment...
...and finally, a sideways view...
...The sun is shining again today, so it's off to hang some more washing out on the line and then the dreaded ironing!  A big hello to my newest followers and welcome to my little corner of Blogland - hope you enjoy your visits!  Thanks for dropping by to see me and don't forget about our current 'Fantasy' challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week!  Lisa x
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Happy Birthday
Anything Goes
Name that tune
(it's got to be Hey, hey we're the Monkees from the old TV series!)
Something Borrowed
(mine is a sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday)

5 comments:

Jane said...

So glad you had fun in Yorkshire Lisa and you even got some sunshne. It is snowing as I type this! Your card is brilliant and I am amazed how how you worked out that your die waste could be a banana...they look brilliant, really well done. That is such a great masculine card...they are always soooo tricky. Happy Thursday xx

heidy said...

Wow what a great card Lisa,love it!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Sue said...

WOW!!! Your card is wonderful Lisa. I love that image, fabulous colouring and such a great idea for the bananas!
Glad you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos.

Sue xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.really love the cheeky monkey and your design is fabulous the little banana`s look brilliant :D
great family pics too hun ;D

xx coops xx

Deb said...

wow, fabulous card, love the bananas, very clever detail!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx