Friday 28 June 2013

I'm back again!...

...Hello, dear Blogger friends!  Well, how's this for a turn up for the books?!  Yesterday, I received the news that work on our house has been delayed (not really surprised!), so despite the fact that I have packed up all my crafty stash and a lot of other stuff in the house, what was the first thing I did?  Only, get crafty!  I am so grateful that I only stashed my craft things in the shed as I was able to go out and bring in the stuff that I needed!  I discovered that I had won the challenge over at The Paper Shelter last week and my prize was a choice of 3 digis from their store...OMW how do you choose just 3 images from a whole store of deliciousness?!  In the end, I chose Spring Swing, Snow Angel (thinking ahead to the dreaded 'C' word!) and Cute Dressmaker

The challenge this week at The Paper Shelter is Buttons and/or Brads, so it was a perfect opportunity for me to colour up my Cute Dressmaker...
...isn't she a doll?!  I thoroughly enjoyed colouring her up and was inspired by the lovely Eileen's hair colouring on this card, to go with the white blonde...
...I coloured this little sweetie with my Pro/Flexmarkers and here's the colours I used :
Skin : Blush, Dusky, Sunkissed Pink
Hair : Sandstone, Champagne, Light Fawn, Buttercup
T-Shirt : Blue Grey 1, Dove Grey, Cerise, Vermillion (my all time fave colour at the moment!)
Shorts : Glacier Blue, Denim, Cadet Blue
Tights : Meadow, Apple, Bright Green, Antique White
Shoes : Cool Grey 1, 3, 4 & 5
Dress : Soft Aqua, Cool Aqua, Surf Blue, Muted Pink, Tea Rose, Watermelon, Dove Grey
Stans : Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa
I had cut out the image using my Go Kreate Frilly frame die, but the image slipped when I tried to emboss it and I ended up having to cut her out and 3D foam pad her on top!
...The papers I used are First Edition Boho Chic orange paisley (still my favourite paper and my last piece :( ) Spring Feast dots and Boho Chic aqua flower.  I added some bright turquoise grosgrain ribbon and bow and some buttons to embellish and tie in with the theme.  The sentiment was created in PS and cut using the largest Go Kreate Frilly frame die, then matted onto a faux die cut...
...I added my usual printed insert with the black and white dress form on and the sentiment 'Have a wonderful day!'
Thanks for dropping by to see me today and I hope you like my little creation!  Good luck to all those who are entering challenges this week and many thanks to Veronica and all the girls at The Paper Shelter for their fab challenges, DT inspiration and prizes!  Fingers crossed, I may just win again!
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Buttons and/or Brads
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes with option of Ribbon
#126 Anything Goes
Make it Girly

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gorgeous card Lisa, loving the image and your colouring is amazing, I wouldn't know where to start :(
Congrats on your win too!

Vicki x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love that image and you have coloured her so beautifully. The papers and layout are fabulous too.
I hope you don't have to wait too long for the work to start on your house now that everything is packed away.
hugs Sue xx

Little K Smith said...

Aw a lovely card Ella, such a cute image and I love the colours too!
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

Jane said...

Great to see you Lisa I am glad that you have managed to get some bonus crafty time. This card is just delightful so light and cheerful and I love the buttons. I hope your work gets started soon though as it will be great for you to have your house back to normal. Enjoy the weekend, it looks like we may have some gardening weather. Hugs, Jane x

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i really love your colours and gorgeous image and design :D
hope the work is not delayed for too long hun, what a pain.

xx coops xx

Joey said...

Fantastic card, love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at the paper shelter. Joey xx

Tracey said...

Amazing card Ella, I love the printed insert too :D
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Lisa! I love the hair...thanks so much for sharing the colours! :)
Lizy xx

Mandy said...

Lisa your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and feminine and your colouring is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

rachel said...

supercute card and I just adore that image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, love this image. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Such a sweet card - love the shaped edge to go with your die cut x
Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo