Wednesday 4 September 2013

September's here!...

Good afternoon, dear crafty friends!  Where has this year gone to?  I can't quite believe that it is September already - it was Little Man's birthday on Monday and he was 10...so never mind where this year has gone, what happened to the last 10?!  Today saw the boys back to school and the house is rather quiet without them, though it's nice to get back into some sort of routine!  Jase is now in his last year of secondary school, with his GCSEs next year and Josh is now in year 5! (He just misses the school term as his birthday is at the beginning of September, so he is the oldest in his class!)


It was our village Gardening Show on the weekend and it was the first time that I could enter anything as it is usually on the Bank Hoilday weekend when we are away.  I entered a couple of the garden produce classes, 2 of the floral art categories and of course a couple of the crafts, plus my little man entered the children's photography competition.  We did very well, really and the show was said to be one of the best for a long time, with a fantastic number of entries!  In total, I came home with 3 firsts and 2 thirds and Josh got first with his photo, so not bad for a first attempt!
We are still none the wiser as to when our house works are supposed to start (it's getting a bit tedious now!) but I have managed to get a bit of crafty time in this morning to complete a card commission for a wedding.  I don't normally post commission cards, as they are personal to the recipients, but thought I would share this one with you and just remove the names...

...I kept the colours quite soft with a white on cream colour combo, inking the  edges with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain DI.  I used a selection of flowers that I found in my stash (which is really getting low these days!), pink organza ribbon, heart charm, Cheery Lynn butterfly and a pretty MS clay frame.  I highlighted the image with a hint of Promarker colour and added some Glamourdust for a touch of sparkle.  The edge of the card base is made using the Spellbinders Parisian Accents border and corner - just love these dies!
So, that's it from me for today and I hope to be back again soon!  Thanks for dropping by to see me, it really does mean a lot, especially as my blogging is so hit and miss at the minute!  Hope you're enjoying some early Spetember sunshine, take care and crafty hugs,
Lisa x

I'd like to enter my card into the following challeneges :
Anything Goes
U- for Unlimited (Anything Goes)
Embossing

10 comments:

Jane said...

Hi dear Lisa, it's so good to see a post from you today. I can't believe your work has still not started.....goodness me they should have been finished by now. Well done with your success at the local show....I love things like that but there is nothing similar around here. Yes September is here although this afternoon feels like mid summer, it's 28c as I type this in my garden. Hope both your boys enjoy their school year, my lad really did not like school but my girl loved it ;0) Take care and don't be absent for so long. This is a beautiful wedding card, the recipient must have been thrilled xx

Crafty KJ said...

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear that the work hasn't started yet-must be so frustrating.
Love this wedding card. The colours are gorgeous and I love that die around the card. Great image too and that frame is so cute.
See you at the next workshop on the 14th, looking forward to it- having withdrawal symptoms lol xxx

Sue said...

Hello Lisa, sorry to hear that you are still waiting for the building work to start, it must be really frustrating for you.
Well done on all your successes in the village show. We have one here which my hubby usually enters as he is a keen photographer.
Your card is stunning, I love the image and beautiful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I was expecting an update on the house work and can't believe it hasn't started yet!! It would drive me mad!

Congratulations on all your wins in the gardening show - fab! Your card is absolutely stunning and the soft colour scheme is perfect!
xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Lisa, just love the edging around it, was hoping for pictures of your newly finished house - you must so mad!? My two boys went back to school this week too, one in his final year of high school which means we also have the GCSE's to look forward to and one in his last year of primary school, so we have Y6 SATS to looks forward to as well (not!)

Hope they start work on your house soon ;)

Vicki x

coops said...

so sorry the house works have still not started lisa.sounds like they need a sharp kick up the backsides.
well done on your wins at the gardening show, your floral arrangements are fabulous and i love your beautiful card, stunning image and your details and soft colours are so pretty :D

xx coops xx

Lotta said...

Oh Lisa, this card is beautiful! Love the soft color scheme and the stylish elegance it has. Your flower arrengments is beautiful too! hugs Lotta

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous!! Truly beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Ann-Marie said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the soft colour palette and I love the edging around the card. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge and I hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Lau W said...

Very elegant card, lovely !
xx