Monday 10 February 2014

Oh no, it's snow!!!...

Good morning, my lovely Blogging friends!  Firstly, I must apologise for being MIA this week, only Mr Design Mojo decided to show his face and I was on a roll!  Last year, I got to the point where I wondered if I  would design again becuase of my lack of enthusiasm and with the uncertainty concerning our house refurbishment, but it seems, I have found some mojo at last!

Anyway...as I sit here typing this, this is the view from my front door...

...HUGE, cotton wool ball snowflakes are just cascading from a white sky!  There isn't a breath of wind and the silence is surreal!  It's coming down thick and fast and already sticking on the road...our fickle British weather never ceases to amaze me - if it carries on like this, they'll be sending my eldest home from school as it's 8 miles away!
Well, I do have a little crafty creation to share with you today (thank goodness, you say!) so without further ado, here it is...
This card came in the Top 3 at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #245 - thanks for choosing me!
...This is the other card that I made using the ever so sweet Sympathy Bugs from Wee Stamps.  I coloured this one in very soft, muted colours and paired it up with a pretty paper from First Edition's Isabelle paper pad...
...I coloured the little bugs with my Pro/Flexmarkers and this is another one that I wrote the colours down on a bit of paper...famous last words!  I know it was Cool Grey 1, 3 & 4, Light Fawn, Aquamarine, Muted Pink, Pastel Beige, Soft Khaki, Khaki, Sandstone, Caramel, Umber, Blush...
...I drew around a scalloped border die to add detail to the card base and layered one of the borders on top.  I finished with some satin ribbon and bow, pearls, glitter and a little cameo using part of the image.  I added the sentiment 'Thinking of you' as this is going to go to  my lovely Auntie Di, who is a little bit poorly at the moment and I thought it might cheer her up a  touch!
Thanks for dropping in on me today and I hope that the weather is being kind wherever you are - we're up to about an inch of snow already, in the time it's taken me to type this!  Have a great Monday and I'll be back tomorrow with a new challenge for Passion for Promarkers!  See you soon,
Big crafty hugs,
Lisa x
I'd like to enter my card into the following challneges :
Get Well/Sympathy/Sorry
(My card is being sent as a Get Well card to my Auntie and uses Wee Stamps Sympathy Bugs, so I hope this is okay ladies?!)
Hey Cutie!
Anything Goes
Anything Goes

6 comments:

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Lisa, I love the cute image and beautiful soft colouring. The way you have shaped the card looks so effective.
Take care in the snow, we actually have sunshine here at the moment but I don't think it will last long.
hugs Sue xx

Ali said...

Hi lovely, aww thats a cutie such a sweet image and gorgeous colours you have chosen for your image and papers. Think we have snow scheduled for tomorrow but they've been saying that for a week - we've actually had BLUE sky today!!! Glad your mojo is back and I know what you mean about packing it in - been there, but it's passed now - thank goodness xxx

Jane said...

Great to see you Lisa I was wondering where you had gone..your mojo is certainly here with this lovely card. Keep snug and take care, hugs xx

Donna Mosley said...

A verrrrrrry pretty card Lisa, love the sweet image and design.

Donna x

Angela Westland Australia said...

Absolutely love your card, fabulous coloring and just a fantastic project you have made - it's great to see something different. Very well done and the best of luck - thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. I would love you to join my blog. Happy Crafting. Ange xxoo

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.your delicate colours are beautiful and i love the sweet love birds ;D

xx coops xx