Saturday 26 July 2014

When is a circle not a circle?...

...When it's an owl!

Good evening, lovely Bloggers!  Just thought I'd pop on and share the cards that we made in today's workshop...

 ...The first was a kinetic card using the ice cream decoupage and papers from A Year in Cards.  It has a pull tab which moves the ice cream and reveals the second half of the sentiment...


...The second card we made was created using a majority of circle dies (hence the title!)...


...Isn't he sweet?!  Of course, my brain ran away with me and I started to think of all the other critters you could make...a robin...


...I have to say, I was quite disappointed with the result as it didn't turn out as I imagined and needs some tweaking!  There's just not enough to him, so I might still play around to see how else I can do him.  I also thought it would be nice to do a penguin, so just for you Mam (!)...

...a penguin made from circles!! Cute!  I suppose you could possibly emboss his belly, or use some white felt to give him some texture and he needs a bit of glitter yet!
Hope you like our fun cards and don't forget, there's still time to enter our Summer Lovin' challenge over at Passion for Promarkers!  Have a great weekend, see you soon!
Crafty hugs,

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa these are both brilliant. I love the moving stick on the ice cream and the owl from circles is so inspired. His eye lids are a hoot :-) I hope you are enjoying your weekend we're just on our way home from the family BBQ xx

Cards By MI said...

So very cute all of them. Fabby makes.
Love n hugs
Marie

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the cute design. All your lil' birds are just soooooooo adorable.

Donna x