Wednesday 3 December 2014

Christmas stuff...

Good evening, my lovelies!  No...I have not fallen off the face of the earth again, I am just crazy busy making things for various Christmas fairs and trying to make a start on my own Christmas preparations...with little success to be honest!  I desparately need a day to blitz my house but can't find the time for that even!  I keep telling myself it's 'lived in', but often wonder by who, as surely 4 people can't make so much mess! (Who am I kidding, I can make enough mess on my own!)
So, I thought I'd pop in and share some of my crafty makes...




We've been having a bit of a craft night on a Tuesday evening, myself, MIL and our vicar (who is often comaperd to the vicar of Dibley and who, like me, has a passion for making things and has discovered the benefits of a hot glue gun!) The first thing I decorated was a willow wreath...


...then some wicker hearts (if anything stood still for more than a minute, it got a larch cone glued to it! Love them!)...
...We decorated little wooden birdhouses with pretty papers, gilding flakes and distress inks...
...Made some lovely wooden heart trees...
...I'd like a whole forest full of these!  Then I did some crochet hats and a scarf from wool scraps...
...It's also my youngest son's school fair tomorrow evening and I was asked to do a lucky dip for the children (no easy task, I can assure you!)  So I decorated chocolate bars for some of the prizes...
..and then, to top it off, my little man said he needed a teddy for the Name the teddy game he was holding.  I sat for 2 hours this morning, crocheting teddy a pretty winter hat and scarf...
...only to be told when little man came in from school, that he didn't need it anymore!?! He also imformed me that he was quite happy to give the teddy a home!  So, although absent, I am not idle!

Hope that all your Christmas preparations are going well and that you're enjoying the start of the festive season! Keep warm - it's fairly chilly out there tonight!
Hugs,






2 comments:

Jane said...

Goodness me Lisa, you have been so busy. What wonderful projects you have made, I love the wreath with all the cones. You are so talented. These will sell like hot cakes. I don't own a glue gun, perhaps that should go on my wish list for next year as Santa already has my Christmas list...;0) How sweet that you sat and crocheted that dear little set, what a great Mum you are. Keep snug, hugs xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow you have been so busy and have lots of really beautiful craftiness to show for it too. When you started off the post it could have been me saying all of that, it's just the same here. Too much to do and not enough time. I do hope that your craft fairs go well although with all these goodies I should think there is no doubt of it. It is a lovely feeling when all the hard work pays off and you have happy customers.
Take care,
Lorraine