Friday 8 May 2015

Off to Scotland!...

Hello, lovely Blogger friends!  We're off up to Glasgow later in preparation for tomorrow's Show...I always get the jitters, hoping that I've remembered everything and that all goes to plan...that's the  control freak in me, I suppose! Fingers crossed the traffic isn't too bad - thankfully I don't have to drive (I HATE driving and would never contemplate going on the motorway - I'm a coiled up spring just being a passenger!)
So here's my third new sample inspired by Carolyn's fabulous diarama card HERE (thanks again, Carolyn!)  This is my first ever diarama card using the football decoupage topper and papers from Boys2Men CD-Rom...
Card Recipe -
Card base - 2 sheets A4 cut lengthways to 14cm and scored at 2cm and 3.5cm at each end, then corners rounded
Red matt - 13.5cm square
Football paper - 13cm square
Cut aperture in football paper then adhere to red matt and cut smaller aperture in red paper.
Adhere to card base front then cut aperture again.
TIP : place a piece of copy paper on your bottom plate when cutting, to save marking your card
Football text paper - 13.5cm square
Adhere to card base back then attach front and back together
Black - 2 pieces 1.5 x 13.5cm, two corners rounded
Football decoupage image topper, matted onto black card.
Football sentiment
Black strips - 0.5 x 14cm
I added a writing panel on the back with the silver trophy image and the whole thing folds flat to fit in an A5 envelope.
Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you on the other side!
Hugs,
Lisa x

4 comments:

Carolyn Bell said...

Hi Lisa, thanks again for the mention. Great card, I love your use of colour, it really gives it a zing, although I'd have to put blue on ours(Everton!) I'm so pleased you liked the style I hope you have a great couple of shows in Scotland. I'll come and say hello at the Wrexham show, love Carolyn x

Jane said...

Looking great Lisa...have fun and a safe journey xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous 'man' card Lisa.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

This is fabulous Lisa, such a fabulous design. I love the image and matching papers.
I hope all goes well for you at the show, all your samples look amazing and I am sure everyone will be inspired by them.
hugs Sue xx