Tuesday 16 February 2016

Steampunk bird...

How about this?!  Twice in one day!  I normally would wait and post this tomorrow, but I'm quite tickled with this latest creation!...
I decided to have a play with a new material this afternoon and have a go at metal recycling! Hubby had a pile of old electronics waiting to go to the skip (something we loathe doing!) so decided to strip them down and see if we could make anything with them..and so a bird was born...
...He needs to have a nice polished wood base making for him, but I think he's ever so sweet...will have to send hubby into the sheds to see if he can find out some more parts for me!!  I do have some lovely bits that would make very nice owl eyes...now just need the rest of it!
Hope you like my steampunk creation and watch this space!....
Hugs,
Lisa x
I'd like to enter my bird into the following challenges :
Recycle / Upcycle closes 21st 

4 comments:

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Holymoly Ella!!!
This is outstanding!!! I am in love~
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange!
Hugs,
Zoey

Ali said...

Check you out!!! Love this it reminds me of the woodpecker from bagpuss!!

coops said...

Oh wow this is just fantastic Lisa.I love it ;D

xx coops xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a great way to use up unwanted scraps of metal and electronic pieces Lisa, you are very ingenious. I agree with Ali, he does look like a metal version of the woodpecker, Professor Yaffle in Bagpuss.
Lorraine