Tuesday 1 March 2011

Where do the days go to?

My, how time flies!!  The weekends just keep whizzing by and I wonder what I've done with my week!  I am busy at the moment making samples for the Papercraft @Leigh show on Sunday 13th March - hope to see some of you there... it was a fantastic experience to do the October fair, we never stopped all day and I'm hoping this one wil be the same!  Plus, I've had 70 invitations to make and am trying to get some more design work done, or the next disc will never be done! 

I'll post some of the Boys2Men samples I've been making, but in the mean time, thought I would make the most of the beautiful sunshine and take a couple of pics of the 2 cards that we made at our workshop on 19th Feb...

...this first card was a pocket easel card made with various scrapbook papers that Mam had in her stash - we wanted it to be quite generic and not too feminine, so that it could be sent to a man aswell.  The pocket at the top could hold a gift voucher, cash or just a little sentiment card.  The flowers are from WOC and the daisy punch is an XCut one, that I borrowed from Mam...it's great having crafty relatives!  The second card was made using the lovely Verity image and papers that I brought back from our family holiday in Canada - they were in packs of 10 for a dollar (that's about 65p!), oh the joy of Dollarama!

The roses were from WOC, the small white flowers are from a stem of silk flowers that we acquired somewhere on our travels and the lilac rosebuds have been knocking about in Mam's stash for years! I added pearl string 'bits' instead of wire tendrils, to match with the pearls on the nestie corners and the lace was threaded with fine lilac ribbon to tie in the colours.  I love the beaded oval nesties that I used to cut out the Verity image, I had to ink the edges with Antique Linen DI to tone down the starkness of the white.  Everyone was pleased with their creations going home and you could hardly tell them from the original, so well done girls!

1 comment:

coops said...

fantastic cards ella.fab images and designs :D

xx coops xx