Thursday 3 November 2011

Something different to share...

Hi guys!  No card tonight, but I thought I'd share with you a little project that I did yesterday...
...sewing is not really my forte, but I like to have a go, when I have the time!  This is for our school Christmas fair at the end of month - not sure whether I'm going to sell it, or fill it with goodies as a raffle prize...The stocking is quilted on the front and all the seams are magically hidden as I've lined it too!  I love the fabric that this is made from, although I had to be clever with it as I only had a small piece and so pieced the panels together to make it the right shape for my template...
...I added some lace and ribbon along the top edge and created a hanging loop, then added some silk leaves, diamante spray and paper roses to embellish...
....I am loathed to give it away, but never get a stocking myself (the rest of the house does, but not me...sniff!!)  I might just have to make another one and keep this one for me in the hopes that Santa might fill it?! ;-)  Why not challenge yourself and have a go at something 'different'?  You never know, you might just surprise yourself...I did! (Though I'll never be a seamstress!)  Hope you liked looking and thanks for hopping by.  Lisa X
I'm entering this project into the following challenges :
Anything Goes
Stitches Real or Faux
(mine are very real!)
Not sure what the rules are to entering projects other than papercraft ones, but I'm giving it a go and if it's not eligible, don't worry.

4 comments:

Arabella said...

Fabulous project Ella! You must definitely make one for yourself too!

Thank you for joining us for the Anything goes challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella

coops said...

wow its stunning lisa.looks like you`ve been sewing for years and i love the fabric you`ve used and fab detailing ;D

xx coops xx

cheryl said...

brilliant project just love this,bless you for playing at anything,goes this week hugs cherylxxx

Tamara Morton said...

Stunning work and completely apt for our challenge this week.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Posh Cat Crafts
Hugs
Tamara
Anything goes DT