Friday 10 August 2012

A Year in Cards...

Hi, guys!  Well, I thought I would share a couple more samples with you today from my new disc - the sun is shining beautifully, so it was a good opportunity for me to get out in the garden to take the piccies!  The first is a side step card using one of the digistamps, coloured with Promarkers and the second is a gift box/basket made with some of the papers...


...The disc is now in production - thanks to my lovely hubby, and fingers crossed, things look to be on track for them going on sale at Leigh Show on the Bank Holiday weekend, 25th and 26th August (hope I'm not tempting fate!?!)  It's quite a lengthy process from start to finish, from sitting with pencil and paper to converting the images and colouring them digitally, to making the predesigned cards, backing papers, decoupage, inserts, digistamps, sentiments and 3D projects, to designing and creating the interface, cd and case images and then producing and packaging the discs!  All in all, it takes me around 6 months from design work to completion and I do all but the burning of the discs (which is where my better half comes in!) 

So what's on the new disc?  Well, it's called A Year in Cards and as the name suggests, there is a card for each month of the year, starting in January with New Year through Mother's Day in March, Father's Day in June, girl and boy birthday cards in August and November, New Baby in September, Halloween in October, to Christmas in December!  I have created many of the designs to give as much versatility as possible, so the New Year design can be for a Retirement card, or a birthday, the Mother's and Father's day cards are also for female and male birthdays and the Halloween card can be for a child's birthday.  There are 7 predesigned 3D gift boxes/projects, with full instructions, plus the blank templates to create them using the papers of your choice (like the one shown above).  Then there's all the usual digistamps for colouring with your preferred medium, backing papers, colour decoupage, sentiments and text editable inserts in 3 different sizes and both portrait and landscape orientations!  I am really pleased with the finished designs and hope that you will get as much pleasure from crafting with them as I have creating them!  Thanks for dropping by and I'll be back with more samples soon, Lisa x

3 comments:

coops said...

both so gorgeous lisa.stunning image and i love your papers :D

xx coops xx

Kathleen said...

Looks fab Lisa as usual when can I buy one direct from you can't make the Leigh show this year, Hope you and yours are well love to you all.

Kath xx

Ella's Design said...

Hi Kath,

I'll have the discs available to buy from here on the weekend, same as the show, but they won't be sent out until Tuesday with it being a Bank Holiday. Everyone's fine with us, thanks for asking, although I can't really believe that it's September next week and I'm still looking forward to summer!! Take care, honey and I hope to see you soon, Lisa X