Tuesday 30 July 2013

Passion for Promarkers - Summertime Blues

Good morning, my lovelies!  My, where are these weeks going to?  It's time for another Challenge over at Passion for Promarkers and this week, I am playing host, setting the theme 'Summertime Blues' - so I would like to see your creations with Blue and one other colour (not including skin and hair)  Our sponsors this week are the fabulous Whiff of Joy who are offering a prize of 1 stamp of choice to the lucky winner!  


Don’t forget you must use your Letraset products (i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers, tria markers, metallic markers or neon markers) and of course follow the theme.

...I decided to go with the colour theme Blue & Green as I haven't used this colour combo for ages - probably because my First Edition Up, Up and Away paper pad is almost finished, I just had a couple of pages left to use on this card and I teamed it with greens from Love Letters and Boho Chic...

...I love this card shape as you can use a larger image than normal, which allowed me to do a bit of paper piecing on this sweet Pink Gem Designs image, Chloe in the Rain...
...I coloured Chloe with my Pro/Flexmarkers and paper pieced her coat using the green flower paper from Love Letters and her umbrella with the blue cloud paper from Up, Up & Away.  I added some shading to the patterned pieces to give them more depth and here's the colours I used :
Skin : Blush, Dusky, Sunkissed Pink, Coral
Hair : Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa, Henna, Umber
Coat and bow : Meadow, Birght, Forest Greens
Umbrella and collar and cuff : Glacier, Dolphin, Cloud Blue
Boots : Glacier, Dolhpin, Cloud, Cobalt Blues, Sapphire
Handle : Cool Grey 3 & 4
...I freehand drew and cut out some small cloud shapes and added a spotted satin ribbon and bow.  Then finished the inside with a panel to write on, with the black and white line image in the bottom right corner.
...The sentiment was cut with a SB circle die and matted onto a Marianne sunburst circle die from my doily die set.
I'm hoping by now that the only Summertime Blues we will be having is that of beautiful, blue skies and not of rain!?!  I'd love it if you could join in with my challenge theme this week and look forward to visiting you all and seeing your fabulous creations!  Don't forget to hop on over to the Passion for Promarkers blog to see what my wonderful teamies have been up to aswell!  Thanks for dropping by, crafty hugs,
Lisa x

10 comments:

coops said...

so stunning lisa.fab card shape and papers and I love your sweet image and paper piecing :D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. I love the sweet image, beautiful papers and fabulous layout. Great sentiment too!
hugs Sue xx

Loopylou. said...

awww thats too cute, I love the little clouds too!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Jane said...

Hi dear Lisa, what a great challenge you have set. I love your sweet card. Your paper piecing looks fab with the extra shading and her heart boots are such fun. We have had rain today but my garden really needed it. Summer is not over yet though...30c is forecast for Thursday, woop woop! Xx

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous Lisa! Love the image and colours you've used.
xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Lisa, I wish my colouring in looked this good! ;)

xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Lisa. I love the papers and cute image.

Shelly said...

Really lovely card Lisa... the blue and green theme is looking great here! Fab sentiment too xx

Julie said...

Hi Lisa - this is just gorgeous, love the image and your layout is fabulous!! Hugs, Juliexx

Little K Smith said...

Aw such a lovely card Ella, I love the fab design and a super sweet image too!
Kelly.x