Monday 3 March 2014

Love Owls...

Happy Monday, lovely people!  Hope the sun is shining where you are - we have beautiful blue skies and Spring sunshine and as a result, my line is full of washing!  It's back to normality here now as the boys are back to school after their half term, to be honest, I'm glad to get the house back to some sort of order as it always seems to descend into chaos when the boys are off!  Kitchen and bathroom have been cleaned, hoovering will be finished later (that's Jason's chore on a Monday!) so all that's left to do is find my craft room under the explosion of craftiness!  (I am SUCH a messy crafter!)
Last week, I was lucky enough to win over at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges and got to choose 5 digis from StampArt Design by Kathryne's fabulous range, so I'll be sharing some creations made using some of these wonderful images in the near future!

Anyway, I have a little card to share with you all today using the fabulous Digistamp Boutique's Love Owls...
...The sunny papers I used are from the aptly named, Prima Sunny Days paper pad and I followed another of Jen's amazing sketches at Deconstructing Jen - this one is #11...
...I wanted to give my owls a bit of texture, so tried to give them a feathery look using my Pro/Flexmarkers.  I didn't write the colours down for this one as I just sort of pulled pens out and kept adding colour!...
...The sentiment is Welsh for 'On your Wedding Anniversary' and I added a printed insert inside with the line image on and 'Best wishes for a very happy day'.  I finished off with some cute polka dot buttons which have found their way onto quite a few projects at the moment!
I have to say, I am really enjoying getting some more colour into my projects - maybe it's the sunshine that makes me want to use oranges, bright pinks and other Spring colours, but I love the cheery nature it gives to the finished card!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today, it really is appreciated!
Big crafty hugs to you all!

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Use die cuts, no Punches
Scrap that!  Sorry ladies, just realised I've used my corner rounder punch, please remove me from the draw!
Anniversary
March Customer Competition

6 comments:

Crafty KJ said...

Love the sunshine colours on this card Lisa and the texture looks great on the owls! The sketches on Deconstructing Jen are brilliant and I've made a note of a few of them which I'll definitely be trying out!
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts,
Hugs, Karen xx

Jane said...

Hi Lisa what a lovely sunny card, those owls are so cute and you have made them look really feathery (if that's a word!) It's great to see some sunshine isn't it. We had a couple of heavy showers here today but there has also been some decent sunshine too. Have a lovely week and I hope you can get more washing dry outside. Hugs xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. I love the sweet owls and the way you have them looks so effective. The papers are beautiful and such a great layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Laney said...

So very cute!! fabulous card and thanks for joining us at ILPM this week
hugs
laney DT

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love the sweet owls and your textured colouring is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Annette said...

So cute, I love the little owls. Really sweet card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.