Friday 2 May 2014

Box card crazy!...

Good morning, lovely Bloggers!  Remember that bandwagon that I jumped on a couple of posts back?...Well, I think I am going box card crazy!  I just love these fun little cards, full of dimension and interest and all folding flat to go into an envelope too!  I have been having a play with my new CD (available to buy from my sidebar) and have made a couple more box cards using the barbecue and lawn mower images...
...I used the snapshot tool to just print out the bits that I wanted and suspended them using scrap strips of acetate...
...a sideways view...
...I made another using the lawn mower images and sentiment - in hindsight, I wouldn't have printed onto the pearl cardstock as it tends to mute the colours somewhat, but hey-ho!  I made some cute little bees from my small flower punch and hand cut the grass - though I think I might just have to get myself a die as I really like the effect.  No sideways view for this one as I was trying to take the pics using our old SLR Fuji and a) I couldn't remember how to change the settings on the darn thing and b) the batteries decided to give up the ghost after this shot!  (Only reason being our 'proper' camera is in hubby's car!)

Really, I should be tackling the mountain of ironing that is resembling Snowdon in our bedroom, but it's dry and bright so I think I might just stick on my wellies and go and mow the lawn! (Lawn being a rather posh way of saying a mixture of grass and moss with a generous sprinkling of daisies and dandelions!)  Happy Friday everyone and I hope that you all have a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, let's hope that Mr Weather plays nice!
Big crafty Hugs,
Lisa X

P.S. Sincerely Yours Papercraft Shows have a new venue at Glyndwr University Sports Centre in Wrexham on the 7th June.  I'll be there with my new CD, so if you get the chance, why not pop along and say Hi?!
Papercrafts @ Wrexham
Saturday 7th June
Show Open 10am - 3.30pm
Tickets only £2 purchased in advance
£2.50 on the door

5 comments:

Ali said...

They are brill!!! Love them both :-) - I've done my housework and got a few plants to go in - its nice and sunny here to so I may join you in the garden xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how pleased am I to see these samples here!? You are one very lovely lady, I ordered my cd rom late on Wednesday night and it arrived this afternoon!!!!! Now that's what I call service! (huge smile.) Oh I'm just loving it and the sentiments are just fabulous, I'm so excited to have ago (does it show...lol) You did make me laugh, you cannot claim to be the only person with one of those mountains of washing you know.....lol And I think we may even share the same lawn...hahaha! ;)

Have a fabulous break Lisa and will post some pics on my blog when I've made some cards with my 'new' cd rom (wink.)
xx p.s. sadly won't be going to the Wrexham show, would have been nice to meet you :( x

Sue said...

WOW! You have been busy Lisa. Your new CD rom looks amazing and all the samples you have made look wonderful.
I love your pop up box cards too, I am very keen to make one soon so thank you for the inspiration.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Jane said...

These look great Lisa I love the ketchup image and the burger...fab! Your box cards are brilliant, I must have a go some time but with such limited crafting time it's on that ever lengthening to do list. Have a lovely weekend, I hope to mow my daisies and dandelions at some point too ;0) x

Crafty KJ said...

These boxes are fab Lisa. I'll have to study these as I can't quite work out how they fold flat!! Great for a male birthday too, so different!
Thanks for the info on the craft show, me thinks I'll have to get a ticket- there might be some crafty goodies there that I need lol.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend, and remember-crafting is much more important than the ironing!
Hugs, Karen xxx